monoxide


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

mon·ox·ide

(mon-ok'sīd),
Any oxide with only one atom of oxygen, for example, CO.

mon·ox·ide

(mon-ok'sīd)
Any oxide having only one atom of oxygen (e.g., CO).

monoxide

(mŏn-ŏk′sīd)
An oxide having only one atom of oxygen.
References in periodicals archive ?
The group's findings suggested that Mycobacterium tuberculosis might be able to survive inside the human host by using carbon monoxide.
Mitigating the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning by installing CO alarms is a simple and easy way to stop preventable deaths.
The agency stated ClearMate consist of a gas mixer, valves, meters, breathing circuits, an oxygen reservoir, a mask and hoses and works by speeding up the elimination of carbon monoxide from the body.
Carbon monoxide is the cause of death of many people around the globe each year.
Breathe-Safe Strategies In addition to installing carbon monoxide detectors, make sure that any flues and chimneys in your home are checked annually for blockages, and if you use a fireplace during the winter make sure the flue is open.
He never suspected his symptoms to be caused by carbon monoxide and this is why awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, as well as extra precautions when going on a trip away, even for a night, are so crucial."
OSHA investigators inspected the facility in January 2018 and found that employees were exposed to carbon monoxide levels nearly 10 times the permissible exposure limit.
Mr Tami said: "I was surprised that there are 4.5m people in the UK who are over 65 and who do not have a carbon monoxide alarm fitted.
One of the leading causes of carbon monoxide related poisoning and death is the burning of wood or charcoal inside the home.
The SHOUT project, campaigning to raise awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning, says almost 50% of people renting a private property in the UK have not had an alarm installed by their landlord.
Get your appliances serviced annually by an OFTEC registered technician to ensure maximum efficiency and make sure the appliance is not leaking carbon monoxide. OFTEC registered technicians are recommended by the Health & Safety Executive, the Consumer Council and NI Direct.
Read: (ibtimes.com/mh370-deadly-carbon-monoxide-burning-lithium-ion-batteries-filled-cabin-crash-new-1987491) New Theory Claims MH370 Might Have Had Carbon Monoxide Filling Up The Cabin