mixed receptive-expressive language disorder
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
auditory processing disorderA generic term for a condition caused by ear infections and head trauma characterised by difficulty in processing of auditory information in the CNS.
Auditory processing disorders—difficulties in:
• Sound localisation and lateralisation;
• Auditory discrimination;
• Auditory pattern recognition;
• Temporal aspects of audition, including
— Temporal integration,
— Temporal discrimination (e.g., temporal gap detection),
— Temporal ordering and temporal masking;
• Auditory performance in competing acoustic signals (including dichotic listening);
• Auditory performance with degraded acoustic signals.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.