Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to miotic: pilocarpine
1. pertaining to, characterized by, or causing miosis (contraction of the pupil).
2. an agent that so acts.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Relating to or characterized by constriction of the pupil.
2. An agent that causes the pupil to constrict so that the pupils are small.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
A substance that causes constriction of the pupil of the eye.
Characterized by, involving, or causing miosis.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Relating to or characterized by contraction of the pupil.
2. An agent that causes the pupil to contract.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
mioticA drug that constricts the pupil.
Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M. Youngson 2004, 2005
A drug that causes pupils to contract.
Mentioned in: Glaucoma
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
An agent that causes the pupil to constrict so that the pupils are smaller.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012