menisci


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.

me·nis·ci

(mĕ-nis'sī), Avoid the mispronunciation men-is'kī.
Plural of meniscus.

menisci

Plural of meniscus, see there.

me·nis·ci

(mĕ-nis'ī)
Plural of meniscus.
References in periodicals archive ?
Material properties and structure-function relationships in the menisci. Clin Orthop Relat Res.
Secondary to the increase in the use of CT and MRI in research, there has been a surge in studies on the anatomy of and variations in the menisci in adults (9).
Imaging of menisci and ligaments were performed in all three standard planes (sagittal, coronal and axial).
Traumatic meniscal lesion is most commonly a break at one of the two menisci (medial and lateral), which can be complete rupture or not, with:
Despite these findings, not all discoid lateral menisci will rupture or present symptoms.
Volpi et al., "Why menisci show higher healing rate when repaired during ACL reconstruction?
An awkward twist when getting up from a chair may be enough to cause a tear, if the menisci have weakened with age.
Out of 496 patients with ACL rupture, 309 (62.3%) had no rupture of menisci, while the remaining 187 (37.7%) were diagnosed with meniscal lesions.
In summary, the menisci are important cartilage structures within the knee that reduce stress and provide some stability.
Movement involves flexion and extension, with a small degree of rotation, and the joint is considered to be 'mobile' due to movement of the menisci during motion.
Objective: To determine the diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in injuries related to anterior cruciate ligament and menisci and compare its effectiveness with that of arthroscopy.
Menisci take over the task of reducing shock in case of overloading on the knee joint during weight bearing or sports performance [4].