medial crest

medial crest

n.
A ridge of bone on the posterior surface of the fibula separating the attachment of the posterior tibial muscle from that of the long flexor muscle of the great toe and the soleus muscle.
References in periodicals archive ?
In the caudal region the fossa caudalis (Fossa caudalis) stands out, well developed in all the species, delimited laterally with the lateral crest, medially with the medial crest and dorsally with the crista transversa fossae.
A total of 19 out of 54 (35%) foramina found on the fibula were located on the medial crest, whereas the remaining 35 (65%) were located on the posterior surface.
Our study found that majority (65%) of NF was on the posterior surface, whereas a sizeable number (35%) was found on the medial crest. In literature, variations were observed in relation to the presence of NF on the surface of the fibula.
Most anterior (deepest) muscle of deep posterior (plantar flexor) compartment of leg; origin, soleal line and posterior surface of tibia, the head and shaft of the fibula between the medial crest and interosseous border, and the posterior surface of interosseous membrane; insertion, navicular, three cuneiform, cuboid, and second, third, and fourth metatarsal bones; action, plantar flexion and inversion of foot; nerve supply, tibial.
Embolus apex with well developed medial crest (Fig.
9 referred to the synapomorphies of Kochiana new genus: presence of accessory keels (character 4 in Tables I and V) and medial crest (character 5 in Tables I and V) on male palpal bulb.

Full browser ?