neck nodes(redirected from lymph nodes of the neck)
neck nodesAny of the groups of lymph nodes in the neck, which may be excised in a selective or radical neck operation for cancer.
Lymph nodes of the neck
• Level I
• Level II—Upper third of internal jugular vein; extends from base of skull to hyoid.
• Level III—Middle third of internal jugular vein; extends from hyoid to inferior border of cricoid
• Level IV—Lower third of internal jugular vein; extends from inferior border of cricoid to clavicle.
• Level V—Posterior triangle
A. Spinal accessory nerve nodes;
B. Supraclavicular nodes.
• Level VI—Anterior compartment.