view(redirected from logical data group)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to logical data group: logical data independence
planar view a two-dimensional view of a process or function.
1. A pushing out; an outgrowth or protuberance.
2. The referring of a sensation to the object producing it.
3. A defense mechanism by which a repressed complex in the person is denied and conceived as belonging to someone else, as when faults that the person tends to commit are perceived in or attributed to others.
4. The conception by the consciousness of a mental occurrence belonging to the self as of external origin.
5. Localization of visual impressions in space.
6. neuroanatomy the system or systems of nerve fibers (projection fibers [TA]) by which a group of nerve cells discharges its nerve impulses ("projects") to one or more other cell groups.
7. The image of a three-dimensional object on a plane, as in a radiograph.
8. radiography standardized views of parts of the body, described by body part position, the direction of the x-ray beam through the body part, or by eponym.
[L. projectio; fr. pro- jicio, pp. -jectus, to throw before]
viewnoun Imaging The direction from which a radiologic image is obtained. See Jughandle view, Swimmer's view.
radiography A standard diagnostic x-ray study, named according to the image as it appears on film or other receptor.