linear(redirected from linear assessment)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Pertaining to or resembling a line.
2. Denoting any concept or structure that connects two points directly.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Of, relating to, or resembling a line; straight.
a. In, of, describing, described by, or related to a straight line.
b. Having only one dimension.
3. Characterized by, composed of, or emphasizing drawn lines rather than painterly effects.
4. Botany Narrow and elongated with nearly parallel margins: a linear leaf.
lin′e·ar′i·ty (-âr′ĭ-tē) n.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Pertaining to or resembling a line.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
linearnarrow or slender, particularly with reference to plant parts.
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005