less than full-time training
less than full-time trainingPost-graduate training of junior doctors in the UK at less than full-time levels of service, as defined by the Conference of Postgraduate Medical and Educational Deans. LTFT training is not a contractual right and the needs of the service will take precedence at all times, mandating flexibility by all parties.
Those doctors in training with disability or ill health (this may include those on in-vitro fertility programmes).
• Responsibility for caring for children;
• Responsibility for caring for ill/disabled partner, relative or other dependant.
Those doctors in training with:
• Unique opportunities for their own personal/professional development (e.g., training for national/international sporting events), or short-term extraordinary responsibility (e.g., a national committee).
• Religious commitment, involving training for a particular religious role which requires a specific amount of time commitment.
• Non-medical professional development such as management courses, law courses, fine arts courses or diploma in complementary therapies.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.