lazaretto(redirected from lazarettes)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
laz·a·ret, lazaretto (laz'ă-ret, -ret'ō), Obsolete term for:
1. A hospital for the treatment of contagious diseases.
2. A place of detention for people in quarantine.
[It. lazzaretto, fr. lazzaro, a leper]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
n. pl. lazaret·tos also laza·rets or laza·rettes
1. A hospital treating contagious diseases.
2. A building or ship used as a quarantine station.
3. often lazarette A storage space below deck or between decks on a ship or boat.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
(2) A hospital for infectious disease(s).
(3) A quarantine site.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.