jet ski(redirected from jet-skied)
Also found in: Dictionary.
jet skiA motorised personal watercraft in which one or two people ride on the water in much the same way as one rides a motorcycle. Jet skis are widely regarded as the most dangerous of all water craft due to a combination of factors:
(1) Top speeds of nearly 160 kph/100 mph and relative lack of protection should a rider fall off the vehicle at high speeds, resulting in injuries:
• Head, chest, abdominal, soft tissue, and spinal cord trauma with paralysis.
• Lacerations, broken bones, burns, disfigurement.
• Hypothermia, carbon monoxide poisoning, drowning, death.
(2) High-pressure water jet propulsion; a rider not wearing a thick layer of protective neoprene who falls into the jet’s path risks injuries to the anal sphincter and/or vagina with permanent soft tissue damage or death.