isoamylase

isoamylase

 [i″so-am´ĭ-lās]
1. any of the several isoenzymes of α-amylase.
2. a hydrolase that catalyzes the hydrolysis of 1,6-α-glycosidic branch linkages in glycogen and amylopectin.

i·so·am·y·lase

(ī'sō-am'il-ās),
A hydrolase that cleaves 1,6-α-d-glucosidic branch linkages in glycogen, amylopectin, and their β-limit dextrins; part of the complex known as debranching enzyme; similar to α-dextrin endo-1,6-α-glucosidase but unable to act on pullulan.

i·so·am·y·lase

(ī'sō-am'il-ās)
A hydrolase that cleaves 1,6-α-d-glucosidic branch linkages in glycogen, amylopectin, and their β-limit dextrins; part of the complex known as debranching enzyme.
References in periodicals archive ?
(15) observed in a study of 192 patients that 26% (n=18) of all hyperamylasemia patients (n=70) had an elevation of the pancreatic isoamylase fraction, and the remaining 74% (n=52) of the patients were hyperamylasemic due to elevations in the non-pancreatic isoamylase fraction or to both the pancreatic and non-pancreatic isoamylase fractions.
Bai et al., "Cycloamylose production from amylomaize by isoamylase and Thermus aquaticus 4-[alpha]-glucanotransferase," Carbohydrate Polymers, vol.
Total amylase and pancreatic isoamylase in serum and urina: considerations from data on biological variation.
The debranching group (isoamylase and pullanase) breaks a 1-6 glycoside linkage in amylopectin of starch.
Degradation of starch into a variety of different products is performed by amylolytic enzymes, such as [alpha]-amylase, glucoamylase, [beta]-amylase, isoamylase, pullulanase, exo-1,4-[alpha]-D-glucanase, [alpha]-D-glycosidase, and cyclomaltodextrin-D-glucotransferase [3].
Bohe, "Severe acute pancreatitis and normal serum amylase activity due to pancreatic isoamylase deficiency," Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol.
Production of maltose from starch by simultaneous action of beta- amylase and Flavobacterium isoamylase. Starch Starke 32: 352-355.
Evaluation of an inhibitor assay to determine serum isoamylase distribution.
The other additives that were re-evaluated are acidified sodium chlorite, carrageenan and processed Eucheuma seaweed, isoamylase from Pseudomonas amyloderamosa, phospholipase A1 from Fusarium, venenatum produced by Aspergillus oryzae and steviol glycosides.
Serum isoamylase level is low at all ages and trypsinogen level is low below the age of three years.