Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
The inspector listened attentively; then, turning to the governor, observed, "He will become religious -- he is already more gentle; he is afraid, and retreated before the bayonets -- madmen are not afraid of anything; I made some curious observations on this at Charenton." Then, turning to the prisoner, "What is it you want?" said he.
-- when were you arrested, then?" asked the inspector.
"Know the woman?" muttered the Chief Inspector, with his eyes fixed on the table, and a vague notion in his mind of an inquest to be held presently upon a person likely to remain for ever unknown.
The echo of the words "Person unknown" repeating itself in his inner consciousness bothered the Chief Inspector considerably.
His other water-wheel has broken down, too," the Inspector replied.
It's good goin' ground there, too," the Inspector said.
He himself had done too much in that way in his time not to recognize, in the inspector's story, all the marks of one of those practical jokes which begin by amusing and end by enraging the victims.
"A night like this, too!" the inspector remarked, with a shiver.
"Ay, that's remarkable," said the inspector thoughtfully.
Mr Inspector had not moved, and had given no order; but, the satellite slipped his back against the wicket, and laid his left arm along the top of it, and with his right hand turned the bull's-eye he had taken from his chief--in quite a casual manner--towards the stranger.
Then he went back to his office, where Inspector Jacks was still sitting.
"I am sorry to say that we have made very little progress," said the Inspector. "We have an open carriage outside, and as you would no doubt like to see the place before the light fails, we might talk it over as we drive."
Medical browser ?
- in-service education
- in-service training
- in-shoe device
- Inside-Out Appearance
- inside-out technique
- insight learning
- insoluble fiber
- insoluble fibre
- insoluble soap
- inspiratory capacity
- inspiratory center
- inspiratory dyspnea
- inspiratory hold
- inspiratory impedance threshold valve
- inspiratory muscle training
- inspiratory positive airway pressure
- inspiratory pressure
- inspiratory reserve volume
- inspiratory resistive breathing
- inspiratory standstill
- inspiratory stridor
- inspired gas
- inspissated bile syndrome
Full browser ?
- Inspection, Palpation, Percussion and Auscultation
- Inspection, Repair, Maintenance
- Inspection, Test, and Analysis Plan
- Inspection, Test, and Operation
- Inspection, Testing and Preventive Maintenance
- Inspection/Deficiency Report
- Inspection/Review Specific Equipment Model
- Inspection/Surveillance Report
- Inspection/Test Instruction
- Inspectional Services Department
- Inspectional Services Division
- Inspections' Traveler Examination
- Inspections, Certifications, Assessments and Visits
- Inspections, Tests, Analyses, And Acceptance Criteria
- Inspector & Instructor
- Inspector Activity List Subsystem
- Inspector derrick
- Inspector derrick
- Inspector Examiner
- Inspector Gadget
- inspector general
- inspector general
- Inspector General Act of 1978
- Inspector General Action Request
- Inspector General Auditor Training Institute
- Inspector General Basic Training Program
- Inspector General Division
- Inspector General Evaluation Management System
- Inspector General Exercise
- Inspector General for Investigations
- Inspector General for Tax Administration
- Inspector General For Worldwide Network
- Inspector General Honorary
- Inspector General Information Management System
- Inspector General of Financial Institutions
- Inspector General of Fortifications
- Inspector General of Intelligence and Security
- Inspector General of Justice
- Inspector General of Police
- Inspector General of Taxation
- Inspector General of the Armed Forces
- Inspector General of the Army
- Inspector General of the Department of Defense
- Inspector General of the Marine Corps