inpatient transfer-inAn NHS (UK) term of art for any of a number of events in the course of a patient’s movement between two services.
• Inpatient moves between two specialties in the same hospital.
• Inpatient moves between NHS hospitals or contracted beds in non-NHS institutions.
• Inpatient changes significant facility.
• Inpatient moves to care of different consultant in same specialty in same hospital for medical reasons.
• Day case moves from day-case service to an inpatient service except in embedded day cases, or
• Patient was originally admitted as day case, but must remain overnight or longer under same consultant in same specialty.