inpatient service

inpatient service

Managed care A service provided to a hospitalized Pt. Cf Outpatient service.
References in periodicals archive ?
"Because youths who are in the inpatient service have a lower self-concept, therapies within their overall treatment program aiming to improve self-worth might be worthwhile," the researcher noted
He noted that readmission rates weren't higher for the patients cared for by the family medicine inpatient service.
Cumbria has no inpatient service for the most vulnerable "tier four" children.
The main inpatient services to benefit will be the Trust's two mental health inpatient units, the Caludon Centre in Coventry and St Michael's Hospital in Warwick; the Aspen eating disorders inpatient service in Warwick; and Brooklands, a learning disability specialist assessment and treatment hospital in Marston Green, Birmingham.
While this doesn't necessarily imply that outpatient production causes inpatient revenues, it does suggest that outpatient and inpatient service coordination is a critical dimension of health system strategy management.
Basic concepts discussed in the first section include inpatient service, the emergency room, and forensic psychiatry.
The sites then were classified as ED, outpatient service, or inpatient service. The variable work shift was categorized into 3 groups: midnight (12:00 AM to 7:59 AM), day (8:00 AM to 3:59 PM), and evening (4:00 PM to 11:59 PM).
VA faces a key challenge in developing sufficient information to complete inpatient service alignment decisions.
Most (183 [91.5%]) had been admitted to the inpatient service, while the remaining 17 (8.5%) underwent day-care surgery.
Without any comparative data, it is problematical what this rate of inpatient service non-usage means.
A cross-sectional study is used to determine how rural New Mexico hospitals altered service diversification, inpatient service emphasis, and service promotion during Medicare's prospective payment system (PPS) transition and posttransition phases.