incompetent(redirected from incompetencies)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to incompetencies: conferred, call on, pay heed, reconfirm, give rise to, holding up, took over
1. not able to function properly.
2. a person who is unable to perform the required functions of everyday living.
3. a person determined by the courts to be unable to manage his own affairs.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Referring to an inability to perform a task or function.
2. Referring to a valve or other structure that is incapable of closing properly.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.