incompetent(redirected from incompetencies)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to incompetencies: conferred, call on, pay heed, reconfirm, give rise to, holding up, took over
1. not able to function properly.
2. a person who is unable to perform the required functions of everyday living.
3. a person determined by the courts to be unable to manage his own affairs.
1. Referring to an inability to perform a task or function.
2. Referring to a valve or other structure that is incapable of closing properly.