inarticulate(redirected from inarticulacies)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. not having joints; disjointed.
2. uttered so as to be unintelligible; incapable of articulate speech.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Not articulate in speech.
2. Unable to express oneself satisfactorily in words.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Uttered without the use of normal words or syllables; incomprehensible as speech or language: "a cry ... that ... sank down into an inarticulate whine" (Jack London).
2. Unable to speak; speechless: inarticulate with astonishment.
3. Unable to speak with clarity or eloquence: an inarticulate debater.
4. Going unexpressed: inarticulate sorrow.
5. Biology Not having joints or segments.
in′ar·tic′u·late·ness, in′ar·tic′u·la·cy (-lə-sē) n.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Not fluent in the form of intelligible speech.
2. Unable to satisfactorily express oneself in words.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012