adjustment(redirected from impaired adjustment)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
the changing of something to improve its relationship to something else.
adjustment disorder a mental disorder characterized by a maladaptive reaction to identifiable stressful life events, such as divorce, loss of job, physical illness, or natural disaster; this diagnosis assumes that the condition will remit when the stress ceases or when the patient adapts to the situation. Called also adjustment reaction.
impaired adjustment a nursing diagnosis accepted by the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association, defined as inability to modify lifestyle or behavior in a manner consistent with a change in health status.
1. In dentistry, any modification made to a fixed or removable prosthesis during or after its insertion to perfect its adaptation and function.
2. Synonym(s): adaptation (6)
3. A summarizing procedure for a statistical measure in which the effects of differences in composition of the populations being compared have been minimized by statistical methods.
Any of the manipulations used by chiropractors to reposition misaligned vertebrae and other joints.
A summarising procedure for a statistical measure in which the effects of differences in various populations being compared are minimised by statistical methods.
See Risk adjustment.
See Case-mix adjustment.
Functional, often transitory, alteration or accommodation, by which one can better adapt to the immediate environment and inner self.
The process by which adopted children and adoptive parents learn to relate to and accept one another in their respective child-parent roles.
AdjustmentA summarising procedure for a statistical measure in which the effects of differences in various populations being compared are minimised by statistical methods.
adjustmentManaged care See Case-mix adjustment Psychiatry Functional, often transitory, alteration or accommodation by which one can better adapt to the immediate environment and inner self. See Adaptation.
1. Synonym(s): spinal adjustment.
2. Synonym(s): occlusal adjustment.
3. In health care accounting, any addition or deletion in a patient's record that will alter the balance due.
[Late L. ad-juxtare, to bring near]
Modification made to a restoration, denture, or oral appliance.