References in periodicals archive ?
The team member may enroll the patient at home, and a hospice physician certifies eligibility to complete the process.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in 2011 changed the rules related to hospice patient certification, requiring recertification after 180 days and examination by the hospice physician in a face-to-face encounter.
However, the ACA "requires a hospice physician or nurse practitioner to have a face-to-face encounter with a hospice patient prior to the patient's 180thday recertification, and each subsequent recertification" These "recerts" occur every two months, and it isn't unusual for terminal patients to outlive the six-month prognosis that provided the original basis for admission to hospice.
Medications prescribed by the Hospice physician were a big help, and it was a relief when she was finally able to relax.
A hospice, however, cannot prevent its medical director or hospice physician from "participating" as a patient's attending physician outside an employment relationship with the hospice--and perhaps should encourage that participation.
A lively, enthusiastic and passionate presentation on palliative care and pain control was presented by NorthLand Hospice physician Warrick Jones.
Although hospice physicians may have been involved in patient care through participation in care planning meetings, there was relatively little hands-on hospice physician involvement in patient care.
Patrick Clary draws upon his more than twenty years of professional and personal experienced as a hospice physician in his poetry to reflect upon the issues of death and dying.
Maybe we should reserve Mark until we have need of a physician, and a hospice physician in particular.
The vast majority of terminally ill patients can have freedom from pain and clarity of mind," says Martha Twaddle, a leading hospice physician and medical director at the hospice division of the Palliative CareCenter of the North Shore, in Evanston, Illinois.
This article of faith is also the central argument of three recent books about death and dying--one by a popular psychiatrist and spiritual writer, another by a hospice physician, and the third by a hospital chaplain and long-term AIDS survivor.
By working collaboratively with the resident's attending physician, the hospice physician builds upon the attending's prior knowledge of the case.
Medical browser ?
- Horsley sign
- Horsley, Sir Victor A.H.
- Hortaea werneckii
- Hortega cell
- Hortega cells
- Hortega neuroglia stain
- Hortega, Pio del Rio
- Horton, Bayard T.
- Horton's arteritis
- Horton's disease
- Horton's headache
- Horton's histamine cephalalgia
- Horvitz, H. Robert
- Hoshino exercises
- Hoshino therapy
- Hospice at Home
- hospice care
- hospice physician
- hospital affiliation
- hospital almoner
- Hospital and Community Health Services
- Hospital At Home
- Hospital at Night
- Hospital at Night model
- hospital bed
- hospital bed entrapment
- hospital bed syndrome
- hospital case management
- hospital chart
- hospital cleanliness
- hospital clinic
- hospital committee
- hospital cost-to-charge ratio
- hospital deeming authority
- hospital dentistry
- hospital direct access service
- hospital discharge
- Hospital Episode Statistics
- hospital fever
- hospital formulary
- Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee
- hospital information system
Full browser ?
- Hospice Association of Ontario
- Hospice at Home
- Hospice care
- Hospice Care Center
- Hospice Care Kenya
- Hospice Care of Rhode Island
- Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan
- Hospice Care Performance Inventory
- Hospice Foundation of America
- Hospice Nurses Association
- Hospice of Charles County
- Hospice of Greater Grand Rapids
- Hospice of Little Traverse Bay
- Hospice of Miami County
- Hospice of North Idaho
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County
- Hospice Of The Comforter
- Hospice of the Florida Suncoast
- Hospice Of The Good Shepard
- Hospice of the North Shore
- Hospice of the Red River Valley
- Hospice of the Valleys, Sun City
- Hospice of Union County
- Hospice of Volusia Flagler
- Hospice of West Alabama
- Hospice Palliative Care
- Hospice Palliative Care Association
- Hospice Palliative Care Nursing Standards
- Hospice Palliative Care of Western Colorado
- Hospice Palm Beach County
- hospice physician
- Hospice Quality of Life Index
- Hospice Volunteers of the Waterville Area
- Hospices Uplifted by the Grace of Sisters
- Hospital & Healthcare Compensation Service
- Hospital Account Manager
- Hospital Accounts Receivable Analysis
- Hospital Accreditation Standards
- Hospital Acquired
- Hospital Acquired Bacterameia
- Hospital Acquired Condition
- Hospital Acquired Infection
- Hospital Acquired Infections
- Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcer