Two-year-old Lexi Buchanan was out walking with mum Jamie and their dog when she came into contact with giant hogweed
, dubbed Britain's most dangerous plant.
Originally from Russia, Hogweed
was introduced by the Victorians as an ornamental plant.
sap contains toxic chemicals known as photosensitising furanocoumarins, which react with light when in contact with human skin, causing blistering within 48 hours.
While the giant hogweed
warning was extended specifically to residents of Indiana, the Hoosier State isn't the only region in which
What makes Hogweed
sap particularly nasty is its sensitivity to sunlight, which causes the skin to blister.
is originally from the Caucasus Mountains of Georgia and southwestern Asia.
I know the council will say a new road is better for us all but what happens when small children touch the hogweed
and get badly burned from sap out of the stalks?
The performance of work (services) on the destruction of areas (foci) of the growth of the hogweed
sosnovsky in the territory of the stolbtsy district by chemical means 1 cond.
Salford City Council say Giant Hogweed
has been discovered at Clifton Country Park and along the River Irwell Valley.
does not originate from Britain - but has spread like wildfire since its accidental introduction in the 19th Century.
Father left with horrendous leg injuries after coming across common hogweed
Mr Davies shared his story to warn others about the potential dangers of hogweed
and not getting wounds treated in time.