hep·a·to·ther·a·py(hep'ă-tō-thār'ă-pē), Rarely used term for:
1. Treatment of disease of the liver.
2. Therapeutic use of liver extract or of the raw substance of the liver.
hepatotherapy(1) The use of liver extracts to treat nutritional defects, a practice now limited to practitioners of alternative medicine and charlatans.
(2) A nonspecific term for treatment of any liver disease.
hepatotherapy(hĕp″ă-tō-thĕr′ă-pē) [″ + therapeia, treatment]
1. The treatment of liver disease.
2. The use of liver or liver extract.
administration of liver or liver extract for its pharmacological effect rather than its nutritional value as a protein.