Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Caption: Chart 6 Percentage of Forecastable Variations for Inflation Expectations
In essence, the tests are equivalent to the Euler-equation based tests of the discount rate models; hence, the hypothesis is that markets are forecastable due to the current discount rate models leaving a residual.
In contrast, series with a cyclical component would seem to be forecastable with predicted decreases (perhaps relative to a trend) during the upper part of the cycle and increases during the lower part.
The jury is still out on whether extreme behaviour is forecastable in a useful way at all, even if it can be modelled in the abstract.
The contending camps, the social sciences on the one hand and the humanities on the other, differ on the predictability of human nature: One focuses upon forecastable behavior while the other underscores the mercurial quality of spirit.
Also be careful to distinguish forecastable growth from existing products and agree services from the "theoretical" growth that may result from a new offering that has yet to be proven.
The hump-shaped impulse responses of output to negative sunspot shocks are in contrast to the analysis of Schmitt-Grohe (2000), where the author argues (under the linear solution method) that sunspot shocks cannot generate hump-shaped output dynamics and forecastable comovements among output, consumption, hours, and investment.
In those chapters, Minitrends portrays the learnable mind-set of futures research, not on the basis of visionary principles or rigid rules, but in attitudes, in habits of thinking about the world, and in the collective events of daily life that make up the forecastable continuities of human enterprise.
the empirical relation between forecastable demographic demand shifts
Greenspan mentioned "small businesses are the big creators of jobs" in the United States and he also noted the big problem is a lack of innovation and that innovation "by definition is not forecastable." Nonetheless, small business is the engine of innovation which represents the single most important group for government focus in its efforts to stimulate the economic recovery.
Poor stock market returns since 1999 which, if not forecastable, were at least a risk against which prudent pension schemes should have made provision.
Cunha and Heckman (2007) survey results from their approach to disentangle forecastable and nonforecastable earnings variance and find bigger effects.
Medical browser ?
- Forchheimer sign
- Forchheimer, Frederick
- forcible inspiration
- forcing function
- Ford, E.B.
- Fordyce angiokeratoma
- Fordyce disease
- Fordyce granules
- Fordyce spots
- Fordyce, John Addison
- Fordyce-Fox disease
- Fordyce's disease
- fore milk
- forearm bandage
- forearm rolling test
- forebrain primordium
- forefoot valgus
- forefoot varus
- Forehead Lift
- forehead plasty
- foreign accent syndrome
- foreign bodies in bronchi
- foreign bodies in ear
- foreign bodies in larynx
- foreign bodies in the esophagus
- foreign bodies in the skin
- foreign bodies in the stomach
- foreign bodies in throat
- foreign body
- foreign body airway obstruction
- foreign body giant cell
- foreign body granuloma
- Foreign Body in Rectum
Full browser ?
- Forecast Error Variance Decomposition
- Forecast Expenditure Plan
- Forecast In-Service Date
- Forecast Informed Operations
- Forecast International Weapons Group
- Forecast Log of Surface Roughness
- Forecast Model Run Collection
- Forecast Of Procurement
- Forecast Office Facsimile
- Forecast Out Turn
- Forecast Output United States
- Forecast period
- Forecast period (finance)
- Forecast Products Development Team
- Forecast Stock Return
- Forecast Support Date
- Forecast System 21st Century
- Forecast Systems Laboratory
- Forecast to Finished Goods
- Forecast to Fulfill
- forecast verification
- Forecast Verification Tool
- Forecast Wind Factor
- Forecast Winds and Temperatures Aloft
- Forecast, Economic
- Forecast, Scientific and Technological
- Forecast, Weather
- Forecast, Weather
- Forecast, Weather
- forecast-reversal test
- Forecasted Component Schedule
- Forecasted Total Number of Imports
- Forecaster in the Loop
- Forecaster's Intelligent Discussion Experiment System
- Forecasting & Inventory Control System
- Forecasting and Assessment in Science and Technology
- Forecasting and Policy System
- Forecasting and Replenishment
- Forecasting for Specific Sites System Implementation
- Forecasting Ocean Assimilation Model
- Forecasting System for Red Tides
- Forecasting, Analysis, and Modeling Environment
- Forecasting, Planning and Resource Allocation
- Forecasting, Statistics and Data Management