granulosa-theca cell tumor
an ovarian tumor predominantly composed of either granulosa cells (follicular cells) or theca cells, and often associated with excessive production of estrogen, with hyperplasia of the breast and endometrium and carcinoma of the endometrium. When luteinized, i.e., having cells resembling those of the corpus luteum, it is known as luteoma.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Synonym(s): granulosa cell tumor
2. Cystic enlargement of a graafian follicle.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
folliculoma(1) Cystic graafian follicle.
(2) Granulosa cell tumour, see there.
(3) Trichofolliculoma, see there.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Synonym(s): granulosa cell tumor.
2. Cystic enlargement of an ovarian follicle.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012