Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
the soft muscular tissue of the body.
goose flesh transitory erection of the hair follicles due to contraction of the arrectores muscles, a reflection of sympathetic nerve discharge such as occurs with cold or shock; called also cutis anserina.
proud flesh exuberant amounts of soft, edematous, unhealthy-looking granulation tissue developing during healing of large surface wounds.
1. Synonym(s): muscular tissue
2. A general term for soft tissues, referring particularly to skin, subcutaneous tissue, fat, and muscle.
The soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate, covering the bones and consisting mainly of skeletal muscle and fat.
fleshSkin and/or muscle. See Fish flesh, Proud flesh.
1. Living tissue, especially soft tissues as contrasted with bone.
2. Synonym(s): muscular tissue.
3. The meat of animals used for food.