Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to false image: Image Definition
the image in the deviating eye in strabismus.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
false im·age(fawls im'ăj)
The image in the deviating eye in strabismus.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
image(im'ij) [Fr. image fr. L. imago, copy, likeness]
1. A mental picture representing a real object.
2. A more or less accurate likeness of a thing or person.
3. A picture of an object as produced by a lens or mirror.
4. In radiology, a representation of structures within the body as a result of examination by various physical phenomena (e.g., x-rays, gamma rays, sound, or radio).
1. The subjective image or picture people have of their physical appearance based on their own observations and the reaction of others.
2. The conscious and unconscious perception of one's body at any particular time.
An image produced from radiation without secondary image receptors. Synonym: virtual image
A perceived image that occurs in strabismus when the visual axes of the eyes are not directed toward the same object. Synonym: false imageSee: diplopia
false imageDouble image.
An image that is turned upside down.
1. An unprocessed image physically present within an image receptor but not yet visible.
2. In radiology, the image within the emulsion of an exposed radiograph that is invisible because it has not been developed.
An image of an object in which right and left are reversed. The term is also used to indicate the similarity of chemical substances or persons with quite similar personalities and looks (e.g., identical twins).
Purkinje-Sanson imagesSee: Purkinje, Johannes E. von
The image formed by convergence of rays of light from an object.
virtual imageDirect image.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners