extensor lag

extensor lag

the amount of drooping at a weakened joint that can extend only passively, no longer actively.
References in periodicals archive ?
Splint usage is believed to be effective in the treatment of minimally displaced or soft-tissue mallet finger; however, if there is more than 3 mm excursion of the extensor tendon, extensor lag or bump formation at the dorsal part of the finger can be seen as complications (1, 4-7).
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS patients who underwent silicone metacarpophalangeal joint replacement maintained significant improvement in ulnar drift and extensor lag after 7 years of follow-up in the prospective, multicenter Silicone Arthroplasty in Rheumatoid Arthritis study.
The extensor tendon over the phalangeal shaft may adhere to the fracture site during union causing stiffness of the proximal interphalangeal joint as well as an extensor lag.
Obesity 35 References Outcome Steiner and Palmer, 1949 [6] Ambulatory with AD after 5 weeks Dalai and Whittam, 1966 [14] Extensor lag at 10 weeks Firooznia et al.
Although most patients develop an extensor lag at the DIP joint immediately after injury, the deformity may be delayed by a few hours or even days.
The patient was completely weaned from the knee brace at 3 months postoperatively with no complaint of knee pain and had no residual extensor lag.
In terms of long-term results, Shah [7] reported full range of motion and power in 57% of his series and extensor lag and/ or need for assistance when walking was reported in the other 43% of his cases.
Only three (15%) patients showed knee extensor lag of more than 10 [degrees].
In the present study three patients had Extensor lag at 3 Months follow up for whom vigorous physiotherapy was done.
Three months postoperatively, his active range of motion was 10[degrees] to 110[degrees] with active straight-leg raise and no extensor lag.
Full browser ?