Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Thirty-eight eyes were enucleated and 3 eyes were exenterated in group 1 v.
The enucleated tissue and operative time in this study were not different from that of naive HoLEP as previously reported, which indicated the operative efficiency was not inferior to that of conventional HoLEP.[sup.5]
Enucleated eyes were sent for histopathological confirmation.
(8) Using the technique of RNA interference, they were able to reversibly silence the functional expression of a gene called Cdx2 before the nucleus containing the gene was transferred into an enucleated egg.
(1996) by transferring the nuclei from cells of the mammal gland in to an enucleated ovocyte of another sheep.
Finally, nuclear transplant ESCs are derived from blastocysts produced by the transfer of somatic cell nuclei into enucleated egg cells that are then stimulated to divide in a laboratory setting.
The replication of murine coronaviruses in enucleated cells.
After approved euthanasia, the eyes were enucleated and dissected under dim red light.
In their experiment, scientists at Advanced Cell Technology in Worcester, MA collected a skin cell from the ear of a steer, transferred the genetic material into an enucleated cow egg, and then transferred the embryo into a surrogate cow, where it was allowed to develop for 5 to 6 weeks.
Scientists can also induce "reprogramming" in adult somatic cells using somatic cell nuclear transfer technology (24)--whereby a nucleus from a mature adult cell is placed in an enucleated egg, that nucleus is "reprogrammed," and then proceeds to make a complete new individual--"a la Dolly." Dolly, the cloned sheep from Great Britain, was derived from a nucleus that was taken from a mature udder cell and placed into the enucleated egg from the same individual--in this case, Dolly's mother.
An organism or a group of genetically identical organisms descended from a single cell by an asexual process; e.g., transferring a nucleus from a body (somatic) cell into an egg cell from which the nucleus has been removed (enucleated).
So, asks Savulescu, is it immoral for you to take one of your skin cells, put it into an enucleated egg, and begin to grow it in a petri dish with the intention of making new brain cells to cure your Parkinson's disease?
Medical browser ?
- entrainment mask
- entrance block
- entrance skin exposure
- entrance wound
- entrapment neuropathy
- entry criterion
- entry inhibitor
- entry inhibitors
- entry zone
- entry-to-practice requirements
- e-nursing education
- envelope flap
- environmental cancer
- environmental control
- environmental control unit
- environmental disease
- environmental ethics
- environmental health
- environmental health officer
- environmental health technician
- environmental interpretation syndrome, impaired
- environmental lung disease
- environmental management
- environmental management: attachment process
- environmental management: comfort
- environmental management: community
- environmental management: home preparation
Full browser ?
- entwines around
- entwining around
- Entwistle Family History Association
- Enugu State Government
- Enugu State University of Technology
- Enugu, Nigeria
- Enugu, Nigeria
- Enukidze, Avel
- Enukidze, Avel Safronovich