enneagram systemAlternative psychology
A system of spiritual psychology of ancient Middle Eastern origin, which is based on the posit that there are nine (ennea, Greek for nine) basic personality types; these types correspond to the roles played in society, and each has a major fault or “prime psychological addiction”.
The goal of this system is to help each personality type “neutralise” his or her prime “psychological addictions”, and through self-knowledge be able to relate freely with him- or herself, others, God, and the universe.
Enneagram system personality types
[• Personality type: Features; Major fault—PPA Goal.]
• Achiever/reformer: Rational, orderly, self-righteous; Anger—Become a pathfinder.
•Helper: Generous, possessive, manipulative; Pride—Become a partner.
• Succeeder/motivator/status seeker: Ambitious, pragmatic, hostile; Deceit—Become a motivator.
• Individualist/artist: Sensitive, self-absorbed, intuitive; Envy—Become a builder.
• Observer/thinker: Analytical, original, provocative; Greed—Become an explorer.
• Guardian/loyalist: Responsible, engaging, defensive; Fear—Become a stabiliser.
• Dreamer/generalist: Manic and accomplished; Gluttony—Become an illuminator.
• Preservationist/peacemaker: Easygoing, receptive; Laziness—Become a universalist.
• Confronter/leader: Dominating, self-confident; Lust for power—Become a philanthropist.