drape

(redirected from draping)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.

drape

(drāp),
1. To cover parts of the body other than those to be examined or on which to be operated.
2. The cloth or materials used for such cover.
[M.E., fr. L.L. drappus, cloth]

drape

(drāp)
v.
To cover, dress, or hang with or as if with cloth in loose folds.
n.
A paper or cloth covering placed over a patient's body during medical examination or treatment, designed to provide privacy or a sterile operative field.
noun The sterilised cloths that mark off an operative field
verb To cover and mark off a field before performing a sterile procedure

drape

Surgery verb To cover and mark off a field before performing a sterile procedure

drape

(drāp)
1. To cover parts of the body other than those to be examined or operated on.
2. The cloth or materials used for such cover.
[M.E., fr. L.L. drappus, cloth]

drape

(drāp)
1. To cover parts of the body other than those to be examined or on which to be operated.
2. The cloth or materials used for such cover.
[M.E., fr. L.L. drappus, cloth]
References in periodicals archive ?
Most of them use an analytical expression of the surface and formulate the draping problem in terms of nonlinear partial differential equations.
It can be used to optimise the draping process (with respect to the above quality measure) by improving the layup directions or the marker data location.
The first example concerns the geometrical draping of a complex piece composed of two half hemispheres with a radius of 38.8 mm that are connected by a half cylinder with a length of 170 mm [23].
The amount of shear along the edge of these cross sections is used to compare with the draping approach.
Overall, the fourth edition of The Art of Fashion Draping, one of the bibles of draping instruction, is a most instructive, understandable, and attractive text.
Of the 40 breast markings 20 were not visible post draping and all these were marked with an X in the clavicle region.
Even when the surgeon marks the correct site in the correct manner, this can be easily removed with patient's normal activities and then with the cleaning solution on draping. Use of a ballpoint marker can be painful for the patient and less visible than an arrow marked with a permanent marker pen.
Inguinal hernias were the most common procedure (204/500) in this study and had the lowest visibility post draping. 56% (115/204) (see Table 3) of the markings for inguinal hernias were not visible post draping.
59% of markings were carried out correctly, including being visible post draping. The remaining 41% of patient markings could not be seen when covered with drapes, the markings were removed as a non permanent marker had been used, or the patient was not marked at all.
(Columbus, MS) offers draping products for practically any procedure performed in every clinical environment across the spectrum of health care and has developed a number of innovative specialty products to address the needs of specific procedures and safety concerns.
The Microtek range of specialty draping products includes such innovations as PerfectPouch, which features a unique pouch with an inflated rim to more efficiently collect fluids, minimizing the spread of infectious fluids and cross-contamination for patients and professionals.
Another innovative Microtek draping product is the Drape 'N Dress feature, which delivers a procedure specific sterile wound dressing on the surface of the surgical patient drape near the procedure site.