Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
'It appears from the will that you worked this disinterested gag, whatever it was, at Marvis Bay no longer ago than last year.
It was evident, that consideration for her niece was a strong inducement with the aunt for making the journey, and the contest became as disinterested as it was pleasing to the auditors.
She had seen too much of the world, to expect sudden or disinterested attachment anywhere, but her illness had proved to her that her landlady had a character to preserve, and would not use her ill; and she had been particularly fortunate in her nurse, as a sister of her landlady, a nurse by profession, and who had always a home in that house when unemployed, chanced to be at liberty just in time to attend her.
My daughters are plain, disinterested girls, but their hearts are in the right place, and they've conceived an attachment for you which does them honour--I say, which does them honour.
But stranger things have happened; and when we cease to care for each other as we do now, it will be the means of confirming us in that sort of true disinterested friendship which I can already look forward to with pleasure."
Of Edward, or at least of some of his concerns, she now received intelligence from Colonel Brandon, who had been into Dorsetshire lately; and who, treating her at once as the disinterested friend of Mr.
This was his plan off amends-- of atonement-- for inheriting their father's estate; and he thought it an excellent one, full of eligibility and suitableness, and excessively generous and disinterested on his own part.
"Laurence," said his Grandfather, "if ever you should doubt that man is capable of disinterested zeal for his brother's good, then remember how the apostle Eliot toiled.
Edward could not have shown himself more practical, though he might have evinced more coarseness and urgency; and then she had so many reasons, so many explanations; and, after all, she succeeded in proving herself quite disinterested and even liberal.
With his disinterested passion for art, he had a real desire to call the attention of the wise to a talent which was in the highest degree original; but he was too good a journalist to be unaware that the "human interest" would enable him more easily to effect his purpose.
The love of parents for their children is the only emotion which is quite disinterested. Among strangers he had grown up as best he could, but he had seldom been used with patience or forbearance.
Bilibin, who had not lost his reputation of an exceedingly clever man, and who was one of one of the disinterested friends so brilliant a woman as Helene always has- men friends who can never change into lovers- once gave her his view of the matter at a small and intimate gathering.
Medical browser ?
- Dishler, Jon G.
- dishpan fracture
- dishpan hands
- Dishwater Pus
- disinfection of field of operation
- disinfection, high-level
- disintegration of consciousness
- disintegrative disorder
- Disintegrative Psychosis
- disjoined pyeloplasty
- disjunctive absorption
- Disk Removal
- disk syndrome
- diskogenic pain
- dislocated patella
- dislocatio erecta
- dislocation fracture
- dislocation of articular processes
- dislocation of clavicle
Full browser ?
- Disintegrator ray
- Disintegrin and Metalloprotease-Like Protein
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 10
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 11
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 15
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 17
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 19
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 2
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 20
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 21
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 22
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 23
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 28
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 29
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 30
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 32
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 33
- Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain-Containing Protein 7
- Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase with Thrombospondin Motif-1
- Disintegrin And Reprolysin Metalloproteinase Family Protein
- Disinterested witness
- Disintergrations Per Minute