directed enhanced service
directed enhanced serviceAn enhanced service, which all Local Health Boards must commission or provide by central Government mandate. Because enhanced services are non-core general medical services (GMS), the GPs in a particular area are paid by the local primary care trust (PCT) for providing DESs over and above their salaries as GPs.
Directed enhanced services
• Alcohol-Related Risk Reduction Scheme
• Childhood immunisations
• Child pneumococcal immunisations
• Ethnicity and first-language recording
• Extended hours
• H1N1 pandemic influenza immunisations
• Heart failure treatment scheme
• Influenza immunisations
• Learning disability health check scheme
• Minor injuries
• Pneumococcal vaccines for adults
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.