diplobacillus

(redirected from diplobacilli)

diplobacillus

 [dip″lo-bah-sil´us] (pl. diplobacil´li)
A short, rod-shaped organism occurring in pairs, joined end-to-end; diplobacterium.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

dip·lo·ba·cil·lus

(dip'lō-bă-sil'ŭs),
Two rod-shaped bacterial cells linked end to end.
[diplo- + bacillus]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012

dip·lo·ba·cil·lus

(dip'lō-bă-sil'ŭs)
Two rod-shaped bacterial cells linked end to end.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
References in periodicals archive ?
Cells were gram-negative diplobacilli, capsulated and non-spore forming motile.
Gram's stained smears from the cultures showed the following: Gram-negative diplobacilli occurring in pairs in 102 cultures (80%) and mixed Gram-negative diplobacilli and clusters of Gram-positive cocci in the remaining 26 cultures (20%).