Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to digital: Western Digital
1. pertaining to a finger or toe.
2. pertaining to an electronic system in which information is carried by a discontinuous signal that changes in frequency, amplitude, or polarity and has a finite number of levels, rather than a continuous range as in an analog device.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Relating to or resembling a digit or digits or an impression made by them; based on numeric methodology.
2. Of or relating to a numeric representation of information, especially for use by computers.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
a. Relating to or resembling a digit, especially a finger.
b. Operated or done with the fingers: a digital switch.
c. Having digits.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Referring to a finger or toe.
Pertaining to computerised technology and communication.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
digitaladjective Pertaining to computer-based technology and data
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Relating to or resembling a digit or digits or an impression made by them.
2. Based on numeric methodology.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
Relating to or resembling a digit or digits or an impression made by them.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012