dharma

(redirected from dharmic)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

dharma

Ayurvedic medicine
An ayurvedic term referring to one's divine purpose or spiritual path.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
(7.) Hawley, Jack, Reawakening the Spirit in Work-the Power of Dharmic Management (San Francisco, 1993).
The simile of the turtle whose head bobs up from the water once every thousand years and, by chance, may put his head through a loop, is another example used of the rarity of a rebirth where advancement on the dharmic path is possible (SN 56.47.7 1871-2).
Until the British came to India, there were no common words for "thank you" in any regional language; this derived from the facts (1) that kind actions done for others were taken for granted as part of the expected relationship between family members and friends; and (2) that prescriptions for dharmic action, as defined for each caste or social group, regulated human social interactions to a large extent.
Unfortunately for the majority Sinhalese, their sense of dharmic calm was shattered, beginning in the 1970s, when disenfranchised Tamils began to commit acts of increasingly violent resistance against the Sri Lankan government.
For instance in property dealings, i.e., house/apartment purchase from builders/ contractors, it is mandatory that the purchaser is obligated to pay 60 per cent of the cost of apartment in black (cash: M1) : accepted illegality and the remaining 40 per cent payment in white/cheque which represents the real 'sale deed' value of the flat/apartment (it may be noted that the purchaser) has no choice but to engage in this heinous transaction if he/she wants a dwelling place on ownership in a metropolitan city like Mumbai, India and no legislation can thwart this type of business practice as any transformation on the part of black money receiver and giver must come from within based on dharmic (righteous) principles of honest conduct of business.
The monks serve as reminders of the immanent sanctity (and therefore equality) of all life and of the ideals of Dharmic socialism.
In the Christian world, this dual feminine principle is represented by the pairing of Eve (she who births sin/illusion) and Mary (she who births salvation from sin/illusion), and in the dharmic world of Hinduism and Buddhism, by the single term, Maya.
This inculcates almost a dharmic view of the power of language, speech, and thinking and that it's important to be synchronized beings in our world and in our cultures as we are more connected and have more information about what exists in other realities.
In Dharmic religions, yogurt sweetened with honey is used while performing religious rituals.