Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. the duration, or the measure of time of the existence of a person or object.
2. to undergo change as a result of passage of time.
achievement age a measure of achievement expressed in terms of the chronologic age of a normal child showing the same degree of attainment.
chronologic age the actual measure of time elapsed since a person's birth.
1. age estimated from the degree of anatomical development.
2. in psychology, the age of an individual determined by degree of emotional, mental, anatomical, and physiological maturation.
gestational age see gestational age.
mental age the age level of mental ability of a person as gauged by standard intelligence tests.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. age estimated by anatomic development since fertilization;
2. age of a person estimated from the degree of anatomic, physiologic, mental, and emotional maturation.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
de·vel·op·men·tal age(DA) (dĕ-vel'ŏp-men'tăl āj)
1. Age estimated by anatomic development since fertilization.
2. Age of a person estimated from the degree of anatomic, physiologic, mental, and emotional maturation.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012