Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. removing or destroying hair.
2. an agent that does this. Called also epilatory.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Synonym(s): epilatory (1)
2. An agent that causes the falling out of hair. Synonym(s): epilatory (2)
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Pertaining to removal of hair at the surface of the skin by shaving or applying alkaline chemical hair removal products.
2. An agent having this action.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
depilatoryA preparation or procedure for removing hair or destroying the hair-forming skin tubes (follicles). Depilatories include chemical substances to soften and dissolve hair, electrolysis or waxes to grip hairs and facilitate mass removal.
Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M. Youngson 2004, 2005