References in periodicals archive ?
reptiles, and mammals; defeminization and masculinization of gastropods,
(2) Androgen excess result in defeminization. Breast atrophy, loss of sub cutaneous deposits and female contour are common.
A theory based on masculinization and defeminization of the brain.
There is also some evidence to suggest that females prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol (DES), a synthetic estrogen, are more likely to identify as bi- or homosexual compared to those females not exposed to DES (Meyer-Bahlburg et al., 1995), presumably as a function of estrogen's role in the defeminization of the central nervous system.
Testosterone can bring about these effects by masculinization (acquisition of behaviors characteristic of males) and defeminization (suppression of behaviors characteristic of females).
Androgen excess manifested as hirsutism, virilization and defeminization as oligo/amenorrhoea in women.
McIntyre's own masculinity is quoted, perhaps as reassurance for the audience that he is still "himself." These details also underscore the defeminization of the Bride, the social negation associated with masculine attributes.
Vivid examples of this defeminization protocol are found in Papua New Guinea.
The hypothesis was that, after half a century or more of iconoclasm, unmusicality, and the defeminization of religion, people were starved for the pleasures that only religion could offer in a presublimated form.
(56) A pioneering, equally influential study of female officers found that they, too, suffered from a kind of double marginality, forced to choose between "defeminization" and "deprofessionalization": only by relinquishing much of their identity as women could they fully succeed as police officers.
Meera Nanda (2000: 26), for example, provides evidence of the rising defeminization of offshore work, arguing that "computer-aided manufacture and flexible production techniques are changing the skill requirements and gender composition of workers employed by the apparel and microelectronics industries." Nanda notes that women face the risk of being displaced from the export-oriented sector as men fill the more skilled and better jobs.
As soon as nationalist men overtook the governance of Palestinian territories, and prior to the establishment of a Palestinian State, they encouraged the marginalization of Palestinian women and promoted the "defeminization" of Palestinian political activity.
Medical browser ?
- Deetjen bodies
- Deetjen, Hermann
- def caries index
- defaecation, defecation
- defecation center
- defecation syncope
- defective bacteriophage
- defective interfering particle
- defective virus
- defence costs
- defence mechanisms
- Defence Medical Services
- Defence Reflex
- Defence Wound
- defense attitude
- Defense Enrollment Eligibility Record System
- defense mechanism
- defense reaction
- defense reflex
- defense wound
- defense-oriented response
- defensive circle
- Defensive Imaging
- defensive injury
- Defensive Innovation
- defensive medicine
Full browser ?
- Defects per million opportunities
- Defects per Million Units
- Defects per Thousand Opportunities
- defects per thousand vehicles
- Defects Per Unit
- defects to
- Defects, Crystal
- Defects, Metal
- Defekt Z Razlogom
- Defence & Aerospace Publishing Services
- Defence & Security Equipment International
- Defence Accounts Department
- Defence Acquisition Change Programme
- Defence Acquisition Organisation
- Defence Administrative Orders and Directives
- Defence Against Terrorism
- Defence Against the Dark Arts
- Defence Agricultural Research Laboratory
- Defence and Civil Electronics Trade Association
- Defence and Security Applications Research Centre
- Defence and Security Committee
- Defence and Security Council
- Defence and Security Organisation
- Defence and Strategic Goods List
- Defence and Systems Institute