cross(redirected from crossing off)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. a cross-shaped figure or structure.
2. any organism produced by crossbreeding.
3. a method of crossbreeding.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Any figure in the shape of a cross formed by two intersecting lines. Synonym(s): crux
2. Synonym(s): crux of heart
3. A method of hybridization or the hybrid so produced.
[F. croix, L. crux]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Any figure or structure characterized by the intersection of two lines.
2. A method of hybridization or the hybrid so produced.
[F. croix, L. crux ]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
- a mating between a male and a female of a plant or animal species, from which one or more offspring are produced.
- a hybrid produced by mating two unlike parents.
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005