cross(redirected from crossed through)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. a cross-shaped figure or structure.
2. any organism produced by crossbreeding.
3. a method of crossbreeding.
1. Any figure in the shape of a cross formed by two intersecting lines. Synonym(s): crux
2. Synonym(s): crux of heart
3. A method of hybridization or the hybrid so produced.
[F. croix, L. crux]
1. Any figure or structure characterized by the intersection of two lines.
2. A method of hybridization or the hybrid so produced.
[F. croix, L. crux ]
- a mating between a male and a female of a plant or animal species, from which one or more offspring are produced.
- a hybrid produced by mating two unlike parents.