covered lives

covered lives

The number of people (and their dependents) enrolled in a particular health insurance program.
References in periodicals archive ?
insurance plans representing an additional six million covered lives enhanced BELBUCA's coverage to preferred status or initiated coverage for BELBUCA.
According to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) reports combined with data from MFA's Health Coverage Portal, 75% of these members were enrolled through the exchanges at first quarter 2018 with the remaining 25% of this segment, or 4 million covered lives, enrolled in off-exchange plans.
This will bring the total number of covered lives within Steward's managed care and health insurance products to more than 1.1 m.
At the group term life issuers that provided size breakdowns for both years, the number of new sales made to employers with one to nine covered lives increased 21% in 2016.
The average premium total for those customers was just $1,432 per month for all covered lives, or $286 per month per covered life.
22 April 2014 - Belgian molecular diagnostics company MDxHealth SA (EBR:MDXH) said Tuesday it had reached an agreement with US preferred provider organisation (PPO) Galaxy Health Network for MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx for Prostate Cancer test, giving access to the assay for further 3.5 million covered lives in the USA.
For a company with 300 covered lives, the fee would be $18,900.
is a national provider network that includes more than 550,000 physicians, 60,000 ancillary care providers and 4,000 hospitals nationwide, with more than 40 million covered lives. The agreement with FedMed is the seventh such credentialing agreement executed between the Company and similar US Preferred Provider Organisations ( PPOs ) and brings the cumulative total number of covered lives for which its BREVAGen risk assessment test could be adjudicated as in-network to more than 102 million.
Benefits and captive experts report that small and mid-sized employers that sponsor employee health plans with 50 to several thousand lives each increasingly are investigating joining group captives to create much larger pools of covered lives. Only about 13 percent of employers with one to 199 lives self-fund but that jumps to 50 percent among those with 200 to 999 lives.
The insurer now has a total enrollment in New Hampshire of 22,300 covered lives, according to the company.
The savings actions would affect the previously planned public health programs, the Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC), the trend factor reduction, and the covered lives assessment.
Though still smaller than both the small-group and individual markets, the large-group market expanded by more than 1,000% to 162,000 "covered lives"--policyholders and their dependents--from just 13,000 in September 2004, noted Jeffrey Lemieux, senior vice president of AHIP's center for policy and research.