buccal fat pad(redirected from corpus adiposum buccae)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
buccal fat pad
a fat pad in the cheek under the subcutaneous layer of the skin, over the buccinator. It is particularly prominent in infants and is often called a sucking pad.
1. A cushion of soft material, usually cotton or rayon, used to apply pressure, relieve pressure, or support an organ or part.
2. A fleshlike or fatty mass.
A dressing for absorbing discharges from surgical wounds of the abdomen.
Bichat's fat padSucking pad.
buccal fat padSucking pad.
A pad placed on the abdomen before application of a plaster cast.
dorsocervical fat padBuffalo hump.
1. Sucking pad.
2. A layer of adipose tissue (usually capsulated) that protects structures from direct impact. Fat pads are found in various locations in the body: beneath the patellar tendon; under the calcaneus; or behind the elbow. See: illustration
An air or water pad fixed on an abdominal belt belt for external protection of the kidney.
A congenital condition in which small nodules appear on the dorsal side of fingers.
A gauze pad with radioopaque marker employed to absorb fluids and/ or to pack off mobile viscera intraoperatively; commonly referred to as lap pad.
Malgaigne padSee: Malgaigne pad
Mikulicz padSee: Mikulicz-Radecki, Johann von
A pad covering the perineum; used to cover a wound or to absorb the menstrual flow.
A mass of fat in the cheeks, esp. well developed in an infant, aiding sucking.Synonym: Bichat's fat pad; buccal fat pad
1. An absorbent gauze pad such as a laparotomy pad
2. A soft rubber pad with an apron and inflatable rim for drainage of escaping fluids; used in surgery and obstetrics.
Bichat,Marie F.X., French anatomist, physician, and biologist, 1771-1802.
Bichat canal - Synonym(s): cistern of great cerebral vein.
Bichat fat pad - an encapsuled mass of fat in the cheek on the outer side of the buccinator muscle. Synonym(s): buccal fat pad
Bichat fissure - the nearly circular fissure corresponding to the medial margin of the cerebral (pallial) mantle, marking the hilus of the cerebral hemisphere.
Bichat foramen - Synonym(s): cistern of great cerebral vein
Bichat fossa - sphenomaxillary fossa, a small pyramidal space, housing the pterygopalatine ganglion, between the pterygoid process, the maxilla, and the palatine bone. Synonym(s): pterygopalatine fossa
Bichat ligament - the lower fasciculus of the posterior sacroiliac ligament.
Bichat membrane - the inner elastic membrane of arteries.
Bichat protuberance - Synonym(s): buccal fat pad
Bichat tunic - the tunica intima of the blood vessels.