concordance rate


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to concordance rate: Monozygotic twins

con·cor·dance rate

the proportion of a random sample of pairs that are concordant for a trait of interest. A high rate of concordance may be generated in several ways, many of which may result from irrelevant bias; but broadly it is taken as evidence of causal connection (for example, in the case of identical twins, a genetic component or in spouses of assortative mating).

concordance rate

n.
A quantitative statistical expression for the concordance of a given trait, especially in pairs of twins in genetic studies.

con·cor·dance rate

(kŏn-kōr'dăns rāt)
The rate of occurrence of a trait, behavior, or action in members of a specified group as compared with the occurrence of a trait of interest. Broadly, it is taken as evidence of causal connection.

concordance rate

The frequency with which a gene will be inherited or expressed by identical or fraternal twins.
See also: rate
References in periodicals archive ?
For the dizygote twins in this IAN cohort we found a concordance rate of 49/260 = 0.188 (18.8%).
Concordance rate between grade I tumors in cytology and histology was 75%, for grade II tumors, it was 70.67%, and for grade III tumors it was 60%.
Prediction of seriousness and unusualness of events were least accurate and showed concordance rates of 49.7% and 58.3%, respectively.
Monozygous concordance rates for focal epilepsy (0.34) and febrile epilepsy (0.60) were also much higher than anticipated, he said.
The concordance rate was no different for records with a primary versus nonprimary SUD diagnosis.
The ASCO/CAP guidelines (3) reported a concordance rate of 82 per cent while Jacobs et al (20) have reported a concordance rate of 91 per cent.
Vector of abstained values includes concordance rate. Maximum value in all vectors designates type of character.
This algorithm assigned the same specialist as self-report in 20.2 percent of cases, and both agreed that the participant had no regular specialist for 58.3 percent of participants, for an overall 78.5 percent concordance rate. For 1.2 percent of participants, the algorithm assigned a different specialist than that reported by the participant, for 17.0 percent the participant reported a specialist but the algorithm did not assign one, and for 3.3 percent the algorithm assigned a regular specialist, but the participant reported not having one.
A concordance rate of approximately 80% has been found among monozygotic twins, according to the study investigators.
Examining the incidence of AN as it related to zygosity, the researchers found a much higher concordance rate for AN among monozygotic twins than among dizygotic twins--signaling a clear genetic component, Dr.