colonize(redirected from colonizable)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
v. colo·nized, colo·nizing, colo·nizes
1. To form or establish a colony or colonies in.
2. To migrate to and settle in; occupy as a colony.
3. To resettle or confine (persons) in or as if in a colony.
4. To subjugate (a population) to or as if to a colonial government.
1. To form or establish a colony.
2. To settle in a colony or colonies.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.