colocolic

co·lo·col·ic

(kō'lō-kol'ik),
From colon to colon; said of a spontaneous or induced anastomosis between two parts of the colon.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Conventional FDCS presenting as a colocolic intussusception is an unusual presentation, and to our knowledge, has never been reported previously.
Intussusceptions are classified along with their locations into four categories: enteroenteric, colocolic, ileocolic, and ileocecal (4).
Another major classification is by anatomical location, such as enteroenteric, ileocolic, ileocecal, or colocolic.
Laparotomy revealed that the cecum had moved across the abdomen and was invaginated into the distal transverse colon, resulting in colocolic intussusception.
The abdominal ultrasound and computed tomography scan revealed a left-sided colocolic intussusception with a polyp as a lead point (Figure 1).
Proven cases of colocolic intussusception were excluded from this study, as these are traditionally thought to occur secondary to a pathological lead point, mandating resection in our unit.
4) Almost all cases of colocolic intussusception occur with a lead-point such as polyp or tumoral mass, a review of English written literature showed only three cases without a lead-point.
Multislice CT in adult colocolic intussusception: case report and review of the literature.
Colocolic intussusception in the hepatic flexure and proximal transverse colon with a 2.
1,2) Intussusceptions may be enteroenteric, ileocolic, or colocolic.
The majority (90%) of intussusceptions are ileocolic, while the remaining 10% are of the ileoileal or colocolic type.