Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
(1) A fire occurring in the facility, indicating that emergency measures should be taken
(2) Weather conditions that are potentially hazardous to health due to pollutants and/or high air temperatures
(3) A patient arriving with burns
(4) An external disaster and incoming casualties with life-threatening injuries
code redPublic health A message announced over a hospital's public address system indicating that
1. A fire is occurring in the facility, or.
2. There are weather conditions that are potentially hazardous to health by dint of pollutants and/or high air temperatures.
code red(kōd red)
A vague term for an oral directive that indicates immediate danger (e.g., fire, inclement weather, overcrowding of ER areas).