Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Number of reported deaths in children aged <5 years (N = 930), by reporting source *--Bombali Sebora chiefdom, Bombali District, Sierra Leone, January 2015-November 2016
Refocusing raids to the east was one way in which Moorosi and his chiefdom responded to the Cape's encroachment, and the continued raids into the Reserve were part of the slow tapering off of their earlier practices.
There are other problems: were the Qwabe unique or was theirs a model for other chiefdoms who "became" Zulu?
THE OLDER DOMINION(S): CONFLICT AND COMPETITION WITHIN THE POWHATAN PARAMOUNT CHIEFDOM
Carneiro, "The Nature of the Chiefdom as Revealed by Evidence from the Cauca Valley of Colombia", Profiles in Cultural Evolution, A.
Our main focus is to reconstruct the prehistoric and historical development leading to a stratified chiefdom society on the island of Huahine, as well as commenting on Irving Goldman's interpretations in his classic Ancient Polynesian Society (1970).
Because the Lucayas were part of the Taino chiefdoms' sphere of influence through marriage alliances, and because these alliances were integral in maintaining these chiefdoms, Caonabo could have easily been a Lucayan who arrived as an "adult stranger" to succeed an uncle as a major cacique of Hispaniola.
Seeking to incorporate new theoretical influences, Roosevelt later introduced the concept of heterarchy into her studies of the region, allowing her to describe Santarem as a complex and war-based chiefdom with moderate centralization and a political elite that received tribute from a common population engaged in the intensive production of foods, but also enjoying access to elaborate pottery and community ceremonies (Roosevelt 1999a:27).
This chronological position is important as it denotes the construction as occurring during the demise of the Moundville chiefdom.
It brought together for the first time members of both the RUF and Civil Defence Force (CDF) along with a senior military delegation from the UN peace-keeping force, Minister of Internal Affairs and National Security Chief Samuel Hinga Norman, the Regent Chief of Kakua Chiefdom Bo, the press and leading citizens.
Here we also find one of the strongest contributions to the volume, archeologist Jay Johnson's "From Chiefdom to Tribe in Northeast Mississippi.
Clearly he is superior to all the other pretenders to gorilla chiefdom.
Medical browser ?
- Chiclero’s Ulcer
- chiclero's ulcer
- chicungunya fever
- Chido-Rodgers blood group
- Chief Administrative Medical Officer
- chief agglutination
- chief agglutinin
- chief cell
- chief cell of parathyroid gland
- chief cells
- chief complaint
- chief executive
- chief executive officer
- chief ingredient
- chief medical officer
- Chief Nursing Officer
- chief of service
- chief of staff
- chief resident
- chief surgeon
- chief syndrome
- Chiene’s line
- Chiene's test
- Chievitz layer
- Chievitz organ
- Chievitz, Johan H.
- chignon disease
- chignon fungoid
- chigoe infestation
- chikungunya encephalitis
- Chikungunya fever
- chikungunya virus
- Chilaiditi syndrome
- Chilaiditi, Demetrius
- chilblain lupus
- chilblain lupus erythematosus
Full browser ?
- Chief Warrant Officer, W-5
- chief warrant officers
- Chief Washakie
- Chief Watch Officer
- Chief Weapons Officer
- Chief Weapons Technician
- Chief Web Officer
- Chief White Crane Recreation Area
- Chief Wine Officer
- Chief X Officer
- Chief Yeoman
- Chief's Call To Initiation
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Operations
- Chief, Air Traffic Control Training
- Chief, Airport District Office
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee