capillary blood glucose


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to capillary blood glucose: Fasting Blood Sugar

capillary blood glucose

Abbreviation: CBG
The level of circulating blood glucose as measured by glucometer analysis of a fingerstick sample. Regular measurements of CBG allow diabetic patients to make frequent adjustments in their caloric intake, exercise levels, and use of antidiabetic medications, esp. insulin. Synonym: finger stick blood glucose
See: Blood Glucose Testing ( Finger Stick)
See also: glucose
References in periodicals archive ?
After adjusted with mean capillary blood glucose (seven-point/day) at baseline (by using ANCOVA), the estimated MAGE was 3.44 [+ or -] 0.23 mmol/L for group A and 3.12 [+ or -] 0.24 mmol/L for group B, respectively (p = 0.352).
We conclude that persistent low capillary blood glucose in a patient on high inotropic support can be an early indicator of limb ischaemia and should be interpreted with caution.
At the time of the survey, participants had been checking their daily capillary blood glucose for an average of 6.8 [+ or -] 2.3 weeks (Table 1), with just over half checking their blood glucose four times a day (32, 53%) and the other participants six times a day (28, 47%).
Working Definition of Diabetes Mellitus (6): If the individual was under antidiabetic treatment for diabetes mellitus or if fasting capillary blood glucose [greater than or equal to] 126mg/dl or 2hour capillary blood glucose [greater than or equal to] 200mg/dl or Individuals with symptoms of DM and random blood glucose concentration [greater than or equal to] 200mg/dl.
Baer also alerted us that in the September issue, on page 42--the first page of the Tips in the third column--CBG is not "cell biology and genetics" but, rather, "capillary blood glucose." We apologize for this egregious error.
In addition, the focus on urine glucose testing to guide insulin adjustments in type 1 diabetes is outdated in the current era of home capillary blood glucose monitoring.
This comparison was done because in many centers, capillary blood glucose estimation by glucometer is being done to screen neonatal hypoglycemia.
Euglycemic control was achieved if the fasting capillary blood glucose was less than 6.1 mmol/L and capillary blood glucose at 2 h after each of three meals was less than 8.0 mmol/L [8].
The stepwise process included capillary blood glucose and hemoglobin [A.sub.lc] tests, and a confirmatory oral glucose tolerance test.
(13.) Proposed strategies for reducing user error in capillary blood glucose monitoring.
In recent years capillary blood glucose monitoring (CBGM) has become standard for individuals in the home.