calorigenic

ca·lor·i·gen·ic

(kă-lōr'i-jen'ik),
1. Capable of generating heat.
2. Stimulating metabolic production of heat. Synonym(s): thermogenetic (2) , thermogenic
[L. calor, heat, + G. genesis, production]

ca·lor·i·gen·ic

(kă-lōr'i-jen'ik)
1. Capable of generating heat.
2. Stimulating metabolic production of heat.
Synonym(s): thermogenetic (2) , thermogenic.
[L. calor, heat, + G. genesis, production]
References in periodicals archive ?
[3] concluded that "approximately 70% of the thermogenic response to glucose infusion is related to the energy cost of glucose storage while the remaining 30% is mediated via calorigenic action of [beta]-adrenergic sympathetic nervous activity." Blockade of peripheral [beta]-adrenergic receptor results in a significant reduction
Metabolic aspects of the calorigenic effect of thyroid hormone in mammals.
(34) Reports have indicated that thyroid hormones exert their positive calorigenic actions and augmented oxygen demands by increasing the activity and the numbers of the mitochondria in tissues like skeletal muscle, heart, kidney, and liver.
Food preferences are influenced by calorigenic value (Mathur et al., 1992) and palatability of the food items (Young, 1946).
In animal studies, it was observed that the effect of caffeine was partly due to endogenous catecholamine release and partly to the intrinsic calorigenic mechanism4.
RT3 then is inhibiting the increase in metabolism or the calorigenic effect of thyroid hormone.
Steinberg D, Nestel PJ, Buskirk ER, Thompson RH: Calorigenic effect of norepinephrine correlated with plasma free fatty acid turnover and oxidation.
This increase can be correlated to the calorigenic effect induced by the food in the digestive gland.