Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
And Buck was truly a red-eyed devil, as he drew himself together for the spring, hair bristling, mouth foaming, a mad glitter in his blood-shot eyes.
Buck described a complete circle in the air, and half of another, then crashed to the ground on his head and chest.
The man struck the shrewd blow he had purposely withheld for so long, and Buck crumpled up and went down, knocked utterly senseless.
Buck's senses came back to him, but not his strength.
" 'Answers to the name of Buck,' " the man soliloquized, quoting from the saloon-keeper's letter which had announced the consignment of the crate and contents.
As he spoke he fearlessly patted the head he had so mercilessly pounded, and though Buck's hair involuntarily bristled at touch of the hand, he endured it without protest.
Again and again, as he looked at each brutal performance, the lesson was driven home to Buck: a man with a club was a lawgiver, a master to be obeyed, though not necessarily conciliated.
Buck wondered where they went, for they never came back; but the fear of the future was strong upon him, and he was glad each time when he was not selected.
Yet his time came, in the end, in the form of a little weazened man who spat broken English and many strange and uncouth exclamations which Buck could not understand.
"Sacredam!" he cried, when his eyes lit upon Buck. "Dat one dam bully dog!
Perrault knew dogs, and when he looked at Buck he knew that he was one in a thousand-- "One in ten t'ousand," he commented mentally.
Buck saw money pass between them, and was not surprised when Curly, a good-natured Newfoundland, and he were led away by the little weazened man.
Medical browser ?
- buck bean
- Buck extension
- Buck fascia
- Buck Fever
- Buck knife
- buck teeth
- buck tooth
- Buck traction
- Buck, Gurdon
- Buck’s traction
- bucket handle fracture
- bucket handle tear
- bucket handles
- bucket-handle incision
- Bucket-Handle Malformation
- bucket-handle radiograph
- bucket-handle tear
- buckled innominate artery
- Bucklers, Max
- Buckley, Rebecca H.
- Buck's fascia
- Buck's traction
- Buckshot Calcifications
- buckshot melanocytes
- Buckshot Pattern
- buckthorn poisoning
- buckthorn polyneuropathy
- Bucky diaphragm
- Bucky factor
- Bucky grid
- Bucky, Gustav
- Bucky, Gustav P.
- Bucy, Paul C.
- bud stage
Full browser ?
- Buckner Beal Hall
- Buckner Funken Jazz
- Buckner Orphan Care International
- Buckner, Emory
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar, Jr.
- Bucks County
- Bucks County Association for the Education of Young Children
- Bucks County Association of Township Officials
- Bucks County Audubon Society
- Bucks County Choral Society
- Bucks County Community College
- Bucks County Community College Federation of Teachers
- Bucks County Conference and Visitors Bureau
- Bucks County Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Bucks County Country Day School
- Bucks County Courier Times
- Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance
- Bucks County Economic Development Corporation
- Bucks County Emergency Health Council
- Bucks County Folk Song Society
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance
- Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership
- Bucks County Horse Park
- Bucks County Housing Authority
- Bucks County Housing Development Corporation
- Bucks County Housing Group
- Bucks County Industrial Development Corporation
- Bucks County International Trade Council
- Bucks County Library Network
- Bucks County Linux Users Group
- Bucks County Motorcycle Association
- Bucks County Music Educators Association
- Bucks County Office of Employment and Training
- Bucks County Parks and Recreation
- Bucks County Performing Arts Center