blue-green algae poisoning

blue-green algae poisoning

Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The California Department of Health's website says 11 dogs in Humboldt and Mendocino counties died between 2001 and 2009 after contact with algae blooms, and concludes, "these may have been caused by blue-green algae poisoning.
Although there are no documented cases of human illness related to blue-green algae in Lake Champlain, during the summers of 1999 and 2000 the death of two dogs was attributed to blue-green algae poisoning, after drinking large amounts of contaminated water directly from the lake.
Symptoms of blue-green algae poisoning include numbness, tingling and dizziness and can lead to difficulty breathing or heart problems - and require immediate medical attention.